The NCAA Division 1 Indoor Track and Field Championships will take place the weekend of March 11-12 at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama. It’s a schedule packed full of Brits to keep an eye out for.
The full schedule can be found here closer to the time. This is being shown on ncaa.com but look out in the days leading up as there is a chance this will be broadcast on a BT channel or on Youtube (I will keep this page updated).
Included below are all the British entrants in the individual events, their college and their home club in the UK. The numbers at the beginning denote their qualifying ranking with the times/distances/points their season bests.
14. Toby Makoyawo – 20.73 – Boston University (Windsor Slough Eton and Hounslow)
9. Amber Anning – 51.87 – LSU (Brighton & Hove)
6. Yusuf Bizimana – 1.47.27 – Texas at Austin (Victoria Park & Tower Hamlets)
15. Tiarnan Crorken – 1.47.68 – Ole Miss (Preston)
8. James Young – 3.55.20 – Ole Miss (Morpeth)
16. Adam Fogg – 3.56.60 – Drake (Coventry)
13. Ellie Leather – 4.34.89 Cincinnati (Westbury)
10. Charles Hicks – 7.43.84 – Stanford (Shaftesbury Barnet)
60m Hurdles Men
9. Joshua Zeller – 7.67 – Michigan (Bracknell AC)
Shot Put Women
6. Divine Oladipo – 17.92m – Vanderbilt (Blackheath & Bromley)
7. Isabel Wakefield – 4159 – Duke (Harrow)
Best of luck to all those competing at the NCAA Indoor champs.
Subscribe to the latest athletics news and content here (for free!)
Featured image “JK1_5338” by Ripon College is marked with CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.